Narmund is associated with Lord Shiva and Devi Aadishakti. In the Vedas, this mund mala is worn by Lord Shiva and Ma Kali (Goddess Kali). Mund means 'the head' and Mala means 'Rosary'. So, a Mala made from skull Bone or heads is called a Mund mala (मुण्डमाला). The main purpose of this rosary is for the 'Japa' of Lord Shiva and Goddess Kali. However, this mala is also worn for religious purposes in Buddhism.
This skull mala represents liberty, knowledge, and wisdom. Additionally, it shields the wearer from any negative energies and risky situations.
What is the importance of Skull Mala?
- It represents the triumph of morality over evil.
- Mund Mala signifies the head of demons that were killed by Goddess Kaali.
- Mund Mala is a symbol of the endless cycles of creation and destruction of life on this planet.
Benefits of Original Mund Mala or Narmund mala
The following are a few benefits of Original Mund Mala:-
- It bestows the native with Moksha.
- It blesses the wearer with wealth and prosperity
- This mala brings inner courage and fearlessness.
- It bestows the blessings of both Shiva and Shakti on the wearer.
- Mund Mala strengthens the inauspicious Venus present in your horoscope.
- The person who wears this rosary also gets the blessings of Goddess Kali.
- By wearing the original Mund mala one gets protection from their enemies.
- It protects the wearer from bad energies, dangerous diseases, and mishaps.
How to wear Original Mund Mala?
- Before wearing this mund mala, keep it in your Pooja Ghar.
- Place this mund mala in front of the idol or picture of Shiva in the place of worship.
- Now chant the below-mentioned mantra 108 times with this rosary;-
ऊं तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे महादेवाय धीमहि तन्नो रुद्र प्रचोदयात्।।
Om Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dhimahi Tanno Rudra Prachodayat
- After chanting this mantra, you can wear or use this Original Mund Mala.
- Who can wear Mund Mala?
Anyone can wear this Mund Mala regardless of their race, religion, gender, or nationality. But one must not wear this mala during funerals or the birth of a child. However, people who eat non-veg or drink alcohol are strictly prohibited to wear this original mund mala.
- What is Mund Mala made of?
The Mund Mala, which is worn by Lord Shiva and even Goddess Kali, is created from skull bone-shaped stone beads.
- Can we wear Narmund mala?
Yes, you can wear Narmund mala. Wearing this mala made from heads or skulls represents liberty, knowledge, and wisdom. It not only protects the native from all the harmful effects but also makes them strong, powerful, and fearless.