- The use of saffron in rituals is thought to delight the gods and goddesses.
- Saffron is regarded as a virtuous substance that can be used in religious ceremonies.
- Saffron is used in temples for a variety of rituals such as poojas, archanas, and yagyas, and it is also used as an ingredient in the preparation of the deity's blessings, also known as 'prasada.'
- Saffron paste is used to anoint almost every deity in the Hindu shrine.
- As part of Hindu rituals, the saffron paste is prepared and applied to devotees' foreheads as 'tilak' or'bindi' as a mark of god's blessing.
- Saffron is also used in chakra awakening practices.